BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Owww, my tendons...

SHIN SPLINTS. I HAS THEM.

This is like the lamest thing ever what the crap why is it that my feet/legs are so damn delicate. I love using public transportation but clearly I am not built for it, what with the constant blisters in New York and the muscles separating from the bone here. I wore flip flops almost every day all summer, only after I got here I was suddenly walking long distances. First the tops of my feet got sore, and gradually it moved upwards. Eventually my shins started to get sore when I picked up my feet. I figured it was just muscle soreness in general but after a few days of it I asked beauty_101 and they were all IT'S SHIN SPLINTS WOMAN GET BETTER SHOES BEFORE YOUR LEGS BREAK OFF. So tomorrow morning I have to get up at 7:30am to make an EMERGENCY SHOE SHOPPING TRIP to Sketchers before my big long day of classes. I find this to be lulzy. It'd be a lot more lulzy if shin splints didn't hurt to make and/or didn't make it so easy for you to get stress fractures in your leg bones.

Apparently as they progress they get more and more painful until it's constant and/or your leg breaks. At the level mine are at now it doesn't need medical attention, just better shoes and rest. Possibly some ice packs. My problem now is that to keep flip flops (oh I'm sorry, slippers) on you have to constantly bee raising your foot such that your toes are up and the heel is down. The muscle that does that is precisely the one that gets them shin splints. So wee. Another girl on B101 said that she got them when she first moved to Hawai'i, too.

0 kokua: