BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 5, 2009

RIP you old structuralist coot

Well, Lévi-Strauss died on October 30th and somehow I didn't hear about it at all until today. It wasn't really on the news for some reason-- I guess anthropology isn't a hot topic anymore. Just earlier that week our history of anth prof was telling us he woke up every morning waiting to hear the news that Lévi-Strauss was dead, so we're blaming him for jinxing it. We all also got a horrible icy feeling when it was suggested that some of our professors might assign something on him in the interest of current events but so far none of them have mentioned it so hopefully it won't happen. I do not want to have to either BS my love for the guy or do the research necessary to come up with an essay-worthy argument against his ideas because he had a lot of them and most aren't very interesting. Sorry Claude, I'm happy for you and imma let you finish but Michael Jackson still had the best death this year.

In related news I saw Paranormal Activity on Halloween and I think it's the perfect example of why encouraging women to be unassertive is so extremely dangerous... And I'm only partially joking. The first time a freaking demon came and loomed over me in my sleep I would have taken the boyfriend's video camera and stuck it where the sun don't shine. LOL I'M A MAN MY SCROTUM WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE I'M A MANLY MAN AND I CAN PROTECT MY FEMALE WITHOUT DOING WHAT ALL THE EXPERTS TELL ME. What the eff ever.

(Man who thought I would ever get more than one use out of this Kanye West tag?)

0 kokua: